You might think seaweed isn't super exciting but it is such an integral part of keeping our oceans and planet healthy. It's an amazing carbon dioxide sink, it reduces ocean acidification, protects seabeds, creates habitats for young fish and wildlife, not to mention it's a great sustainable superfood source!
The delicate balance of kelp forests can become threatened as they did in Northern California when sea urchin populations exploded out of control. The urchins devoured entire swathes of the bull kelp forest which had a negative ripple effect across other ecosystems. Wear this necklace to celebrate balance in ecosystems and spark conversation about the vital plant that helps keep our planet green (and blue!).
- Gems are polished plastic that was rescued from the ocean.
- All recycled eco sterling silver.
- Pendant measures 2 1/2” by 1 1/4” on your choice of chain length: 18"- 30".
- Kelp leaf carved by hand in wax and cast, urchin spine molded from nature.
- Can be made in any color by request, just add a note to your order at checkout!